Monday, August 27, 2007

I love my baby and my baby loves quiche


There is nothing more satisfying than an egg pie. It's like a blank canvas that you can throw a plethora of ingredients into and it always seems to come out tasty and delicious. Originally of german decent, damn french taking all the credit, only became popular in America in the 1950's. At which time was known more as a feminine dish and trademarked as "unmanly". Ahh poor quiche. Regardless of its past, I always find that if I'm not in the mood for food somehow I'm in the mood for an egg pie. Me like the eggs.
Here's a couple key ingredients to get your creative wheels turning.

goats cheese whipped with some goats milk and fresh herbs (thyme is the key)
eggs
a nice pastry tart crust
sauteed red and yellow peppers
sun-gold tomatoes
carmelized onions (basically good in everything)

No comments: