Sunday, September 2, 2007

Holy Mole....Negro




Mole...when did the obsession begin. Ah yes, dining out for a mexican fare breakfast with mole, cheese enchiladas, and eggs. Mole is relatively complicated, and then again not that difficult at all. It is similar in my mind to Indian cusine. There's a lot of toasting, grinding, and blending of ingredients. That's the most complex part about it. I really had never thought about making mole until I did. Word of mouth about this expedition spread like wild-fire and it became understood that everyone is kinda crazy for mole. It earns respect where as if I said I was making pesto might not. To be honest I was a little afraid after reading the ingredient list, it had things like raisins, plaintains, cloves, basically things I really didn't expect to be a part of mole. Upon further thought I realized that this hodge-podge was what made it so complex. It turned out well, better than expected really. I was lacking a fine-mesh strainer in the kitchen where this production occured so it has a grainy texture, which some like. Point is, Thumbs Up.

No comments: